This compost bin is just what we needed. At first i thought it would be too big but it’s just right especially since you don’t want your compost to touch the filter. We couldn’t decide between white and gray but are pleased with the gray as it blends well with our kitchen.
Love the size, color and usefulness. I had a feeling that buying ceramic was a bad idea. Initially around the rim then eventually the whole thing weakens.
Love the beefy feel and easy toclean bin and oh yeah it is not ugly.
Filter gets moldy fast, could be weather related. Other than that it’s great for our chicken scraps.
It’s the perfect size, but i’ve got to figure out how to stop/ reduce the gnats/ fruit flies:(.
Looks great and no odor and very easy to keep clean.
We were using a 3lb coffee can (ugly) this is much better.
Well made and attractive appearance. This bin has good heft to it which keeps it in place on a granite prep counter great way to start with your composting efforts. The charcoal filters also sold by american home fit easily and do a great job keeping out any smells. Recommend using the biodegradable compost bags also available for the same seller. Very satisfied with he purchase.
- Attractive, hefty, well made option to begin your composting efforts.
- Ceramic breaks
- Not a true charcoal gray
Natural Home 40629 Charcoal Ceramic Compost Bin
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- 1-Gallon Ceramic kitchen compost bin with odor preventing charcoal filter: Color Charcoal
- Compost table scraps, fruits and veggies, eggshells, coffee grounds, tea leaves
- Made of nontoxic earthenware ceramic with chemical free and lead free glaze and BPA free
- Charcoal filter absorbs odor for up to 4 – 6 months
- Dishwasher Safe but hand washing recommended; Pair with our Compostable Bags – 100% compostable
Filter helps cut fruit fly populations down.
Lid does not correctly on canister.
I returned the item, color is not charcoal but more a shade of purple. When the package was delivered it was shipped in the box for the crock and had two corners edges of the box had holes in them.